Festive Drink with Spices & Probiotics
It's time to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. Let's celebrate. The year is coming to an end. Let's treat ourselves to a sweet break. This comforting and festive spiced chai is sure to set your taste buds ablaze. For a cocktail or just to enjoy in the bath with a good book–light some candles and wrap yourself in bliss and relaxation.
This is a unique and delicious way to integrate more probiotics into our diet. The focus here is on the Bio-K+ Drinkable Dairy Probiotic - Vanilla, a great flavour that complements the spicy blend. It works its magic just as it is added. You'll find yourself with a drink bursting with creamy goodness and comforting flavours.
Let's get this party started! A tasty drink.
A warm hug.
Ingredients for 4 servings (glasses)
- 3 ¾ cups of unsweetened soy beverage
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 slice of orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. black tea leaves
- 4 jars of Bio-K+ Drinkable Dairy Probiotic - Vanilla
- 1 small orange wedge
- 1 ¾ tsp. graham cracker crumbs
- In a small saucepan, pour soy beverage and maple syrup. Add orange, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, fennel, tea leaves and stir. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly. Remove from heat immediately, stir gently and let stand about 4 minutes.
- Over a large bowl, strain the liquid and squeeze out as much juice and flavor as possible. Let stand and place in the refrigerator to cool completely. It is important to enjoy this drink completely cooled down in order to preserve the full potential of the good bacteria contained in Bio-K+ probiotic drinks.
- Spread the graham cracker crumbs on a small plate. Moisten the rim of each glass with the orange wedge, then gently turn the rim of the glass into the graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- In each glass, pour the liquid mixture and the drinkable Bio-K+ probiotics. Stir gently. Enjoy immediately.
— TIPS —
For an even more festive drink, try adding marshmallows.
Feel free to double the recipe. That's what I like to do! Simply store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Storage: about 3 days in the refrigerator.
For a version with alcohol, consider using dark rum. Since probiotics and alcohol do not mix well, if you add alcohol, you will have to skip the probiotics. You can, however, keep your probiotic close by if you have a drink during the holidays to support your gut flora.